Camp Tygart is a non-profit organization supported and operated by the United Methodist Church. All Christian denominations are welcome to reserve, and use our facilities. The land was given by the late Jeff D. Tygart of Nashville as a center for the South Central District of the United Methodist Church's South Georgia Conference adults, youth and children to enjoy God's great outdoors. Camp Tygart is also the home to the South Georgia Walk to Emmaus & Chrysalis programs as well as Camp Arrow.
The Corporation, J.D. Tygart Campground, Inc, is a non-profit corporation organized and exists for the purpose of operating the campground and engaging in those activities that are deemed appropriate by the Board of Trustees, that are of a charitable, religious and/or educational nature and that are relevant to carrying out the ministry of the South Central District of the United Methodist Church's South Georgia Conference. More specifically, the Corporation is organized and exists to:
• conduct services of worship
• promote Christian training and fellowship
• conduct Christian camping
• proclaim the word of God to all peoples
• all members of the United Methodist Church to a vital program of evangelism, and to witness to our faith
• strengthen ties of Methodism within the South Central District of the United Methodist Church's South Georgia Conference
• promote the polity, program and doctrine of the United Methodist Church, as found in The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church
• promote other programs and services as are compatible with Christian development and growth
• do all other things necessary or needful in connection with such work, as may be approved by the Board of Trustees of this corporation
Camp Tygart's day-to day operations are managed by an on-site Camp Director. The entire general charge of the business and operations of the corporation are managed by its 20-30 member Board of Trustees.